Sale Terms and Conditions
Where to find information about us and our products
You can find everything you need to know about us, Bitmap Books Ltd (we/us), and our products on our website before you order.
When you buy from us you are agreeing that:
- We only accept orders when we've checked them.
- Sometimes we reject orders.
- We charge you when we accept your order.
- Additional VAT is payable in some countries. See here for more information.
- Products can vary slightly from their pictures.
- As you are buying online, you have a legal right to change your mind.
- You have rights if there is something wrong with your product.
- We can change products and these terms.
- We can suspend supply (and you have rights if we do).
- We can withdraw products.
- We can end our contract with you.
- We don't compensate you for all losses caused by us or our products.
- You have several options for resolving disputes with us.
- Other important terms apply to our contract.
We charge you when you order
You will own your product once we have received payment in full.
Sometimes we reject orders
Sometimes we reject orders, for example, because a product is unexpectedly out of stock or we have to withdraw it from sale or because the product was mispriced by us. When this happens, we let you know as soon as possible and refund any sums you have paid.
VAT and Customs
If you're based in Europe, there may be additional VAT to pay on your order. If additional VAT is due, we send products DDP (Delivered Duty Paid). This means that any VAT charged to import books, is paid at the point of purchase and no extra import fees are due after this. For the current rates charged in Europe, see here.
Outside of Europe, the majority of countries do not charge additional import duties and VAT for books.
With each parcel, we will attach the necessary paperwork and declarations.
If you are charged additional fees and believe this is an error, please contact us before paying, so we can investigate.
We are not responsible for any additional VAT/duties on our books, unless the charges are due to our administrative error in the shipping documentation.
We're not responsible for delays outside our control
If our supply of your product is delayed by an event outside our control, such as an international shipping delay, we contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to reduce the delay. As long as we do this, we won't compensate you for the delay, but if the delay is likely to be substantial you can contact us on email@example.com to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for, but not received, less reasonable costs we have already incurred.
Products can vary slightly from their pictures
A product's true colour may not exactly match that shown on your device or its packaging may be slightly different.
As you are buying online, you have a legal right to change your mind
Your legal right to change your mind. For products bought online, you have a legal right to change your mind about your purchase and receive a refund of what you paid for it. This is subject to some conditions, as set out below.
Our goodwill guarantee. In addition, we, offer our customers a goodwill guarantee for products bought online, which is more generous than your legal rights in the ways set out below. This goodwill guarantee does not affect your legal rights if there is something wrong with your product.
Your legal rights
How our goodwill guarantee is more generous
14 days to change your mind, online sales.
30 days to change your mind and return the product, online sales.
When you can't change your mind. You can't change your mind about an order where you have downloaded the digital file corresponding to the physical product.
The deadline for changing your mind. If you change your mind about a product you must let us know and return the product no later than 30 days from the day we deliver it. If you change your mind before your order ships and the product has not entered the packing and shipping process your order can be cancelled and we will refund you your full purchase price (see below at “How we refund you”). The time in which an order enters the packing and shipping process can vary depending on the day your order is placed and at what time the order is received.
How to let us know. To let us know you want to change your mind, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have to return the product at your own cost and in a saleable condition (so in its original packaging). You have to return your product (and any free gifts provided with it) to us within 30 days from the day we deliver it. Returns are at your own cost and:
- You must ensure the product is returned within its original shipping packaging, unopened, in its original condition, with the shrink-wrap intact.
- We recommend you use a recorded delivery service. We also advise that you obtain a certificate of posting and retain this for your records. Any damage caused by your shipping company is your responsibility, and we advise that you take out sufficient postal insurance to cover the value of the returned products.
- We cannot accept damaged returns.
- If we don’t receive the goods at all or within a reasonable time we won't refund you the price.
For help with returns, see our Returns Policy.
When and how we refund you. If you're sending your product back to us, we refund you by the method you used for payment. This will take 2–3 days after we have received the product, plus your own bank’s processing time, which may be 4–7 days.
You have rights if there is something wrong with your product
If you think there is something wrong with your product, you must contact us on email@example.com. We honour our legal duty to provide you with products that are as described to you on our website and that meet all the requirements imposed by law. Your legal rights are summarised below. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk. Remember too that You have several options for resolving disputes with us.
Summary of your key legal rights
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund.
- Up to six months: if your goods are faulty and can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
We can change products and these terms
Changes we can always make. We can always change a product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements. This may involve changing the content of a product or its cover or its packaging. We will always keep changes to a minimum so that the product is as close as possible to what you ordered;
- to make minor technical adjustments and improvements. These are changes that are unlikely to affect your use of the product.
We can end our contract with you
We can end our contract with you for a product and claim any compensation due to us if:
- you don't make any payment to us when it's due and you still don't make payment within 7 days of our reminding you that payment is due;
- you don't, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information or cooperation that we need to provide the product, for example, your address or contact details.
We don't compensate you for all losses caused by us or our products
We're responsible for losses you suffer caused by us breaking this contract unless the loss is:
- Unexpected. It was not obvious that it would happen and nothing you said to us before we accepted your order meant we should have expected it (so, in the law, the loss was unforeseeable).
- Caused by a delaying event outside our control. As long as we have taken the steps set out in the section. We're not responsible for delays outside our control.
- Something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action, including following our reasonable instructions for use.
You have several options for resolving disputes with us
Our complaints policy. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do their best to resolve any problems you have with us or our products.
You can go to court. These terms are governed by English law and wherever you live you can bring claims against us in the English courts. If you live in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can also bring claims against us in the courts of the country you live in. We can claim against you in the courts of the country you live in.
Other important terms apply to our contract
We can transfer our contract with you, so that a different organisation is responsible for supplying your product. We'll tell you in writing if this happens. If you're unhappy with the transfer you can contact us at email@example.com to end the contract within 7 days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you've made in advance for products not provided.
You can only transfer your contract with us to someone else if we agree to this.
Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing it.
If a court invalidates some of this contract, the rest of it will still apply. If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you're not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can't do it later.